A book at least 20 years in the making, Building Independence provides plenty of examples of structured work system tasks and setups, but more importantly it takes the reader through how to set work systems up for different ages and purposes. The book focuses on the process of independent work systems originated by TEACCH to show teachers and caregivers how to use the work system to teach a learner to be more independent. Examples of tasks and systems are also shared and are categorized by type of task as well as age-range for which it would be appropriate.
- Methods of instruction for fostering and teaching independence
- Color photo examples of hundreds of tasks
- Color photos of systems with explanations of the various components and why they are important
- Answers to frequently asked questions regarding work systems
- Data collection tools and forms
- Explicit directions and task analyses to use to teach others how to implement the system
- Examples of the use of work systems in school, home, community and employment settings.
Click on book above to purchase through Amazon Affiliate Link