Teachers have told us they need ideas on how to organize their classrooms to be functional for students on the autism spectrum and with other special needs. This book combines more than 50 years of experience from the authors of pictures taken while setting up and consulting to classrooms of all types. Along with the pictures are tips on the decisions that need to be made in relation to how to best organize the furniture, the materials, the visuals and other supports that go into successful instruction in special education. The process teachers use to make decisions about what materials are needed and how to implement them in real-life classrooms are a key component of this book.
- Comprehensive lists of materials needed for preschool / elementary and secondary classrooms including curriculum materials.
- Cases of real classrooms with explanations of their organizational strategies.
- Great tips for how to organize materials, furniture, and visuals.
- Answers to frequency asked questions of teachers with whom we have worked.
- Pages and pages for pictures of examples of all the different ways to organize and the reasons behind them.
Click on book above to purchase through Amazon Affiliate Link