It is time to round up the data resources! Sue and I had a great time presenting about Taming the Data Monster at the CARD Conference of Florida in Orlando this weekend. What a great group of folks! I promised them I would gather all my data posts and resources together for them so they were easy to find, and I know that is sometimes helpful for those of you who may not have seen them before. So, here we go.
Skill-Acquisition Data Resources
- 3 Tools for Data Collection: Getting Credit for What You Teach. This post has the link to the academic travel card we showed in the presentation.
- FREEBIE AND CONSIDERATIONS IN DATA COLLECTION FOR INSTRUCTION This has the naturalistic data sheet free for downloading as well as tips about taking sample data in the classroom.
- DATA COLLECTION IN AUTISM: TAKING DATA IN NATURALISTIC SETTINGS (FREEBIE!). This has more information about the naturalistic data sheet and how I use it as well as a link to the Excel spreadsheet for graphing data.
- PUTTING A SYSTEM OF INSTRUCTIONAL DATA COLLECTION TOGETHER. Pretty much as it sounds, this talks about how we organize data collection and plan for it.
- DON’T HOPE! TEACH! ANALYZE YOUR DATA! This talks about why we need to analyze data.
- FREEBIE! EXCEL TEMPLATE FOR WEEKLY DATA ANALYSIS–WITH VIDEO Like it sounds, this one talks about the Excel spreadsheet and a link to the spreadsheet itself.
Behavioral Data Resources
The next few posts are part of a series of posts on behavioral support, specifically related to data.
- TAKING ABC DATA: STEP 1-4 IN THE 5 STEPS TO MEANINGFUL BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT
- COLLECTING ABC DATA: A FREEBIE IN STEP 2 OF MEANINGFUL BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT. This has a link to a pdf check-off ABC form.
- ABC…EASY AS 1-2-3 (AND FREE!): STEP 1-4 OF 5 STEPS TO MEANINGFUL BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT
- SETTING EVENTS IN DATA COLLECTION: STEP 1.4 OF 5 STEPS TO MEANINGFUL BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT
- FINAL REMINDERS FOR COLLECTING ABC DATA (WITH A FREEBIE!). This includes some free posters as reminders for data collection.
- SUMMARIZING AND MAKING SENSE OF THE DATA: STEP 3 OF 5 STEPS TO MEANINGFUL BEHAVIORAL SUPPORT
And finally, if you are looking for more information about data, check out our book that the presentation was based on Taming the Data Monster. For a limited time I’m also running online book clubs to read and discuss the book and try implementing some of the strategies. You can read more about the book and the book clubs here.
Until next time,