I have decided to spin off training resources into their own page. This will allow the classroom resources page to focus just on classroom ideas, curriculum and materials and the training page to focus on resources that teachers and administrators can use to raise awareness about autism, train general educators, provide training to paraprofessionals, and train staff and families. This page will also have information about evidence-based practice.
- Iris Online Modules
- Autism Internet Modules–Excellent online learning modules. Each takes about 60 to 90 minutes to complete. Nice pictures, overview of research and description of the area.
- Foundations of Autism Online Course by the Professional Development Center.
- The Autism Collection–an excellent set of resources for training principals, general educators and others who need an overview of autism or areas related to the education of students with ASD. Includes PowerPoints with notes for trainers, dialog guides and other resources to provide training.
- Evidence-Based Resource Glossary–this is a great resource of short descriptions of the interventions found to be evidence-based by the National Professional Development Center
- TARGET: Texas Autism Resource Guide for Effective Teaching–This is an excellent resource the provides short summaries of areas relevant to educating students with ASD from assessment and identification to evidence-based interventions. Each brief provides an overview of best practice or the practice described as well as the research base that supports it.
- Interactive Collaborative Autism Network Online Modules–this is a great set of online modules covering a variety of information for training on ASD. I have used a number of them in the development of online courses successfully.
- T/TAC Online–another nice set of online learning models developed by Virginia’s Department of Education TTAC program.
- CARD-USF Online Training Resources
- Autism Speaks School and CommunityToolkit–nice resources for the community for families and general educators.
- PBIS: Basic FBA to BSP Trainer Manual–a trainer and participant manual for training school staff to complete FBAs and BIPs.